Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Random thoughts

A vacation is a wonderful thing. It's the pre-vacation scramble and the post-vacation recovery that need help.


I went to the DMV last Saturday. These places should have a huge Hienz katsup bottle on the wall -- except they'd probably be smacked with some sort of truth in advertising fine.
  • 30 minutes waiting in line to just get into the DMV and get a number
  • 60 minutes waiting for my number to be called
  • 15 minutes waiting for my name to be called
  • 10 minutes waiting for my name to be called again
  • 5 more minutes waiting for my name to be called a final time.
I should have my head examined for failing to bring a book.


There seems to have been a change in the humidity in NOVA lately. I can tell, because my fingertips have started to dry out and crack. This is fairly annoying for a couple of reasons: 1) there are lots of nerves in your fingertips; 2) I type for a living, 3) leaving little blood spots on the keyboard is probably not too sanitary. So I'm adjusting once again to typing while wearing bandages.

No comments: